Welcome to Gracious Street Methodist Church.
We are an active and friendly family church at the heart of the Knaresborough community.
Our Sunday services are at 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and a warm welcome will await you.
Whilst our building is currently closed our Church is very much open and active in the community. If you would like to support our work in reaching out to the vulnerable and isolated at this challenging time you can do so through our Just Giving page.
A Covid-19 Message from Rev. Gordon Hay
The Methodist Church in Britain has announced that all services should be suspended for the time being in line with government guidance.
We are also therefore suspending all other activities, including The Bridge and Resurrected Bites but with the exception of Noahs Ark, that take place at the Church or in the Centre on Gracious Street.
For a downloadable isolation service please see the Nidd Valley Circuit website here: https://niddvalleymethodist.org.uk/isolation-service-for-those-affected-by-the-coronavirus/
You can join live morning prayers at 8 a.m. Monday to Saturday on the Nidd Valley Circuit facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/pg/NiddValley/ or listen later
We are still contactable and available if you need us.
Our Mission Statement
Believing that God has shown his love for all in Jesus Christ we seek to be a:
- Worshipping Church embracing a wide variety of styles both traditional and contemporary
- Learning Church providing biblically based teaching and opportunities to explore and grow in the Christian faith through small groups
- Serving Church responding to local and world needs with prayer, giving and practical action
- Caring Church offering a welcome and support to children, young people and adults of all ages
- Witnessing Church sharing with others by word and deed the Good News of God’s love in Jesus Christ
Upcoming Events - All events are currently suspended
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16